Thursday, March 29, 2012

Canning 101

I am so happy to share that my lovely friends Emilia and Brett are getting married this September.  When Emilia expressed to Brett's mother that she would like to hand out preserves as favours at her wedding, no sooner did she receive a canning 101 course hosted by Emerie Brine of Bernardin! How amazing is that, right? Emilia invited me along with some of her closest friends and we all had an absolutely grand time learning how to properly process jars and make delectable goodies. During the workshop we learned how to make red pepper & garlic jelly, black balsamic berry jam and traditional bread and butter pickles. It was a truly wonderful, wholesome way to spend a morning. Thank you Emilia!

Canning is a passion and hobby that Bryan and I share. You may remember our strawberry, jalapeno jam that we made last summer. I can't wait for all the berries to ripen this spring so I can experiment with some new recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment